DBSA South Orange County is an affiliate of the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance which is based in Chicago. Our aim is to help persons suffering from mood disorders (bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder, and depression) living in Aliso Viejo, Capistrano Beach, Dana Point, El Toro, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Silverado, Tustin, and, Trabuco Canyon.
In keeping with the principles engendered by our parent
organization, our support groups seek to:
- Give you the opportunity to reach out to others and benefit from the experience of those who have “been there”.
- Motivate you to follow your treatment plan.
- Help you to understand that a mood disorder does not define who you are
- Help you rediscover the strengths and humor you may have thought you lost
- Provide a forum for mutual acceptance, understanding, and self discovery outside of a hospital environment.
Our email address is dbsasoc[at]alsirat[dot]com. Or call 949-635-9211.
For information about other Orange County DBSA support groups, call the Bipolar Resource Center at 714-744-8718.